Give As You Live
New trustees wanted
We are an independent advice centre in Martlesham Heath.
We offer free, confidential and impartial advice to disabled people and their carers in the Suffolk Coastal area which includes:
Contact us for help
You can drop into our office Monday to Thursday, from 10am to 3pm.
* Christmas – Changes to service: *
The DAS office and Drop-in will close at 3PM on the 13th of December.
There will be a limited telephone service only from Monday the 17th to Thursday the 20th of December.
The DAS office and Drop-in will re-open at 10AM on Wednesday the 2nd of January.
Phone us: We also run a telephone advice line Monday to Thursday 10am to 3pm 01394 387070.
We visit you: We can also arrange to visit you in your own home if you can’t get to our office. Contact us for an appointment.
Email us: And you can email us — see the Contact page.
We cannot give medical, debt or legal advice but we can help you to find other agencies who can help you with these issues.
Helping over 1,000 people a year
Each year we help over 1,000 people with disabilities, their carers and families.
We get over 6,000 enquiries a year. We help people with their problems and issues and regularly help clients claim over £1m in benefits they are entitled to. This also contributes to the local economy in the Suffolk Coastal area.
Our customer satisfaction surveys show consistently high levels of satisfaction. We are always ready to listen to ideas for improvement from our customers and volunteers.
- DisabledGo. - The UK’s leading provider of access information. For full details, please visit their site by clicking here.
- Easy Going Trails. - Easy Going Trails. Suffolk County Council have developed 18 easy to follow trails, each of which gets you close to nature in the very heart of Suffolk’s countryside. Each trail is easy to follow on generally level ground. They…
- Volunteering opportunities. -
- NHS CHARGES - NHS CHARGES Please be aware: If you are in receipt of benefits and need to visit your dentist or get a prescription from your GP, you need to check whether you are on contribution or income based benefits. You are…
- FUNDED BY THE BIG LOTTERY -
- ART WORK FOR SALE - The following framed original art works are for sale and can be viewed at the office. All proceeds to DAS funds.
- Successful Big Lottery Bid - Press release – Suffolk Coastal Disability Charity Awarded National Lottery Grant Disability Advice Service East Suffolk (DAS) has been awarded £301,210 over three years by the National Lottery through the Big Lottery Fund. Disability Advice Service provides a range…
- - xx
- Sensory bands (‘twiddle muffs’) available — and knitters wanted! - We are having a few twiddle muffs (or ‘sensory bands’) knitted — these are especially for people with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. The twiddle muffs will be free, although a small donation would be welcome. Supplies will be…
- RADAR keys (National Key Scheme) now available from DAS - We have purchased a few RADAR keys (National Key Scheme) for people who live in the Suffolk Coastal District (UK) to use accessible toilets. Read how you can obtain them from DAS (don't just turn up to our office!).…
Read even more news on our News page or see the latest headlines on our News summary page.
Help us to continue to support local people with disabilities
Volunteer | Donate
Area we cover