Give As You Live
New trustees wanted
We are an independent advice centre in Martlesham Heath.
We offer free, confidential and impartial advice to disabled people and their carers in the Suffolk Coastal area which includes:
Contact us for help
Visit us: You can drop into our office Monday to Thursday 10am and 3pm.
Phone us: We also run a telephone advice line Monday to Thursday 10am to 3pm 01394 387070
We visit you: We can also arrange to visit you in your own home if you can’t get to our office. Contact us for an appointment.
Email us: And you can email us — see the Contact page.
We cannot give medical, debt or legal advice but we can help you to find other agencies who can help you with these issues.
Helping over 1,000 people a year
Each year we help over 1,000 people with disabilities, their carers and families.
We get over 6,000 enquiries a year. We help people with their problems and issues and regularly help clients claim over £1m in benefits they are entitled to. This also contributes to the local economy in the Suffolk Coastal area.
Our customer satisfaction surveys show consistently high levels of satisfaction. We are always ready to listen to ideas for improvement from our customers and volunteers.
- Coffee morning at Deben Yacht Club raises £346 - A huge thank you to everyone at Deben Yacht Club, Woodbridge for organising the coffee morning and raffle on Wednesday 14 June and everyone who attended and supported it.…
- Happy Suffolk Day! - Today is Suffolk's first ever Suffolk Day, so we'd just like to say to everyone: "Happy Suffolk Day" from a charity that has been serving East Suffolk for over 30 years.…
- Double your donation to DAS on Thursday 22 June 2017! - If you make a donation to DAS on Thursday 22 June 2017 from 10am through our DAS Localgiving.com page, Localgiving will be matching one-time donations pound for pound by up to £25 as part of Small Charity Week 19-24 June 2017!…
- Sensory bands (‘twiddle muffs’) available — and knitters wanted! - We are having a few twiddle muffs (or ‘sensory bands’) knitted — these are especially for people with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. The twiddle muffs will be free, although a small donation would be welcome. Supplies will be…
- Suffolk Coastal Disability Forum: Woodbridge Action Day Wednesday 28 June 2017 - Join Suffolk Coastal Disability Forum at the Woodbridge Action Day Wednesday 28 June, 2017 to check the access to shops, businesses and places of interest in Woodbridge. Find out how you can take part.…
- RADAR keys (National Key Scheme) now available from DAS - We have purchased a few RADAR keys (National Key Scheme) for people who live in the Suffolk Coastal District (UK) to use accessible toilets. Read how you can obtain them from DAS (don't just turn up to our office!).…
- Thank you to our wonderful volunteers! - For this Volunteers' Week from 1-7 June 2017 we'd like to say a very big and public thank you to everybody who gives their time for free to help.…
- New trustees wanted: apply now! - Do you want to make a difference to your local community? We are looking for some new trustees to join our Management Committee,…
- ‘About Me’ launched by Suffolk Disability and Health Action Group - Suffolk Disability & Health Action Group has produced ‘About Me’, a document that disabled people and/or their family carers can complete to give health and care professionals information about themselves to help those professionals provide better care.…
- MS Society petition against disability benefits cuts - MS Society is launching an e-action on behalf of the Disability Benefits Consortium, asking people to sign an open letter to the party leaders, calling for no cuts to disability benefits under a new Government.…
Read even more news on our News page or see the latest headlines on our News summary page.
Help us to continue to support local people with disabilities
Volunteer | Donate
Area we cover