Give As You Live
New trustees wanted
We are an independent advice centre in Martlesham Heath.
We offer free, confidential and impartial advice to disabled people and their carers in the Suffolk Coastal area which includes:
Contact us for help
Visit us: You can drop into our office Monday to Thursday 10am and 3pm.
Phone us: We also run a telephone advice line Monday to Thursday 10am to 3pm 01394 387070
We visit you: We can also arrange to visit you in your own home if you can’t get to our office. Contact us for an appointment.
Email us: And you can email us — see the Contact page.
We cannot give medical, debt or legal advice but we can help you to find other agencies who can help you with these issues.
Helping over 1,000 people a year
Each year we help over 1,000 people with disabilities, their carers and families.
We get over 6,000 enquiries a year. We help people with their problems and issues and regularly help clients claim over £1m in benefits they are entitled to. This also contributes to the local economy in the Suffolk Coastal area.
Our customer satisfaction surveys show consistently high levels of satisfaction. We are always ready to listen to ideas for improvement from our customers and volunteers.
- We have a vacancy for an Outreach Advisor in Saxmundham and Leiston. Full details on the VACANCIES page. -
- Voluntary Independent Examiner. - Disability Advice Service (East Suffolk) need to appoint a new Voluntary Independent Examiner, as our current one is no longer able to carry out this service. The role is to check the annual accounts in line with procedures laid down…
- DisabledGo. - The UK’s leading provider of access information. For full details, please visit their site by clicking here.
- Easy Going Trails. - Easy Going Trails. Suffolk County Council have developed 18 easy to follow trails, each of which gets you close to nature in the very heart of Suffolk’s countryside. Each trail is easy to follow on generally level ground. They…
- Volunteering opportunities. -
- EINE KLEINE SAX - Congratulations and thanks to Eine Kleine Sax for their fundraising whilst playing carols at John Lewis store in Ipswich. A total of £200.36 was collected. Grateful thanks to John Lewis for their support.
- NHS CHARGES - NHS CHARGES Please be aware: If you are in receipt of benefits and need to visit your dentist or get a prescription from your GP, you need to check whether you are on contribution or income based benefits. You are…
- CHRISTMAS RAFFLE - CHRISTMAS RAFFLE. Thanks to all who bought tickets, gave prizes and helped with the Christmas stall. A special thanks to the East of England Co-op Leiston branch who hosted our stall. The two main prizes have been given to the…
- FUNDED BY THE BIG LOTTERY -
- ART WORK FOR SALE - The following framed original art works are for sale and can be viewed at the office. All proceeds to DAS funds.
Read even more news on our News page or see the latest headlines on our News summary page.
Help us to continue to support local people with disabilities
Volunteer | Donate
Area we cover