We can provide advice if you are having difficulty coping in your own home.
Checking your eligibility for help usually begins with an adult social care assessment by the County Council.
If you are finding it difficult to move around in your own home or to use your bathroom or WC the assessment will be carried out by an occupational therapist.
If you are finding it difficult to meet your care needs the assessment will be carried out by a social worker.
The Council will also assess whether you are eligible for help towards the costs of your care or support.
Even if you are not eligible for financial help, Suffolk County Council can still advise you about the best ways to meet your needs. To ask for an adult care assessment:
- Call Suffolk County Council Customer First on 0808 800 4005
If you are caring for someone you are entitled to a Carers Assessment. These are carried out by Suffolk Family Carers, but you need to call Suffolk County Council Customer First on 0808 800 4005 to arrange one (this is expected to change in the near future).
Suffolk County Council
- Suffolk County Council Adult Care Services
- Warm Homes Healthy People on Suffolk County Council website
Personal alarms and telecare
- Ipswich Hears (personal alarm and telecare service)
- Telecare and personal alarm services on Suffolk Coastal website