2018 will be the 34th year that the Disability Advice Service (East Suffolk) has been open offering advice and support to people in Suffolk Coastal.
- We supported our clients to gain an additional £2,053,424 in benefits
- The service advised 1,229 clients
- We had 6,058 enquiries in total during the year
- We won 68 of 81 appeals cases where a decision was reached (84%), and dealt with a massive 218 appeals throughout the year! Approximately 50 cases have been carried over into 2019
- We were awarded £301, 210 over three years by the National Lottery through the Big Lottery Fund
- We gave £5,389 as small grants to individuals
- We continued our partnership with the Multiple Sclerosis Society to deliver advice to their members across the area.
- We worked with Homegroup to deliver housing help and advice.
- We continued to be a part of Ipswich County Court Advice and Representation Service (ICCARS)
Financial Gain: 2018
The total benefit awarded to clients as a result of our work this year was approximately £2,053,424, highlighting the essential need for our service in the East Suffolk Coastal area.
Financial gain by benefit (January 1st to December 31st)
|Disability Living Allowance||£84,282|
|Employment Support Allowance||£366,039|
|Personal Independence Payment||£908,765|
Financial gain by area (January 1st to December 31st 2018)
|Greater Ipswich & Kesgrave||£490,302|