Software and hosting of this website
This website is hosted and the software provided at no charge by WordPress.com, which is owned by Automattic in the USA.
WordPress.com is one of the largest providers of this kind of software (known as a content management system or CMS) and hosting in the world.
Because the software is provided as a package and for free, people who set up blogs/websites using this software are limited in the extent to which they can add to, or modify, the functions of the site.
Automattic policy on privacy and cookies
[4 August 2015]
[4 August 2015]
Your implied consent
Collection of data by this website
(Data Protection policy)
This website does not collect or store any personal information, except where anybody may fill in the Contact Form, or use in-built WordPress.com features such as Comment boxes or Like and Share buttons at the bottom of posts and pages, to communicate with the website owner.
Your data will be collected and may be stored on reputable ‘cloud’ services such as Google, WordPress.com and other appropriate services. The cloud server providers will not have any authorised access to your data, however cloud servers may operate outside the UK/European Union at the discretion of the provider and be subject to local laws. Your data will not be shared with, or passed to any other organisation. Your data will only be used for routine contact and will not be added to any promotional newsletter or mailing lists that DAS may create without gaining your explicit consent.
Data held by Disability Advice Service (East Suffolk) will be held in accordance with our Data Protection Policy which is available on request.
You have a legal right to access any information DAS holds about you. This is known as the ‘right of subject access’. Requests will be dealt with properly and within the 40 day time limit stipulated by the law. Not all personal information is covered and there are ‘exemptions’ within the Act which may allow an organisation to refuse to comply with your subject access request in certain circumstances.
Disability Advice Service (East Suffolk) cannot be held responsible for any unauthorised access to your data over which we have no control, including through hacking, malware, government surveillance organisations or any other uncontrollable access.
Analytical data on this site
WordPress.com software has a built in analytics facility which provides summary data about visitors. This data is purely presented as statistics and no individual can be identified, nor can data be cross-tabulated to create profiles. The data available at time of writing (August 2015) was:
- Views by country
- Top posts and pages
- Referrers (eg search engine used to find the site)
- Search engine terms (eg the actual words visitors typed into their search engine)
- Clicks (links on this website that were clicked to go to external sites)
- Tags and categories
- Totals, followers and shares
This data is very useful for establishing the volume of people using the site, the most popular days of the week and the type of content people are most interested in, but as stated above, the data does not reveal any details about individuals and only gives summary data about the performance of the site.
WordPress.com software does not enable the site owner the power to switch these analytics off, nor to provide users with opt in/opt out facilities. WordPress.com may change the analytic tools available at any time.
The LocalGiving.com privacy page provides information on:
1. What Information Do We (LocalGiving.com) Collect?
2. When You Visit Our (LocalGiving.com) Website — this section includes information about cookies.
3. Personal Information Submitted On Registration
4. Personal Information When You Donate
5. Using Your Information
6. Storing and Protecting Your Information
7. Accessing Your Information
8. Charities’ Use Of Your Personal Information
9. Tell A Friend
10. Sharing Your Information With Trusted Partners
11. Change Of Policy
If you are making a donation through LocalGiving.com please read the LocalGiving.com Privacy page.
Links to other external websites
This site contains links to many external websites and social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+. This site will never add links which are knowingly unsafe or malicious, however you should always check the cookies and privacy policies of external sites if you have any concerns. This site cannot be responsible for external content or sites. If you have any concerns there are some useful links at the bottom of this page which may help to answer your questions.
- Google policies and principles. As well as Google branded products, Google also owns YouTube.
- Aboutcookies.org. Includes information on how to remove cookies from your browser.
- Your own browser(s). Browsers usually include information under the help section about allowing and blocking cookies and private or ‘incognito’ browsing.
- Last updated 12 October 2015